Lola had a term for leftover which we still use in the vernacular today-"MacArthur"- I shall return food.
INGREDIENTS: Yield: Serves 10
1 Kilo Lamb shoulder or short loin chops or leg, chunks
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1½ tbsp Oregano
½ (100ml.) cup EVOO
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Onions quartered
1 Green bell peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
1 Large firm tomatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
Wooden bamboo skewers, soaked in water and chilled
- Cut the meat into cubes (about an inch) and place in a bowl. Season well with pepper on all sides and sprinkle with oregano.
- Pour the EVOO and lemon juice. Leave to marinate in a cool place for 6 hours.
- Remove meat from the marinade and pat dry. Pierce through with a skewer, alternating with the chunk of vegetables.
- Place in a charcoal and cook for about 15 minutes, turning them over several times.
- When meat is done, Season with salt and serve with Pita or rice.